On July 17, 1953 the Lorain County Board of Education voted to consolidate East Carlisle Local School District, the Eaton Local School District, the Grafton Village Local School District, and the Grafton Township Local School District into the Midview Local School District. All buildings moved to the current campus on Durkee Road in 2005 with the construction of East Elementary, North Elementary, and West Elementary. The middle school opened the fall in 2012. With it's completion all buildings are now on one campus on Durkee Road just north Grafton village, approximately 30 minutes from downtown Cleveland.
Our rural school district serves almost 3,000 students in grades preK - 12. Covering more than 75 square miles and six different cities and municipalities, our campus now includes five school buildings, North Elementary, West Elementary, East Intermediate, Midview Middle School, and Midview High School, as well as our Board of Education.
Blue and silver are our school colors. Our mascot is the Middie.
We have a saying in our community: "Once a Middie, always a Middie!" Seeing generation after generation of families come through our school buildings to receive an exemplary education is what we strive for!