Little Middie Preschool is an integrated preschool program that provides services for children with special needs ages three through five alongside typically developing Peer Models. The program is licensed by the state of Ohio and features a curriculum that is aligned with Ohio’s Early Learning Content Standards. The classes are taught by highly qualified teachers and supported by a team of certified and experienced support staff. The Little Middie Preschool is housed at the West Elementary School.
part of the integrated preschool model, Peer Models provide interaction
and age-appropriate social experiences for preschoolers with special
needs. Peer Models attend four days per week for 2.75 hours per day
(Tuesday through Friday).
The Peer Model Program for the 2019/2020 school year is currently full. We do have a waiting list for any possible future openings. Please fill out the application at the bottom of the page & submit it to the school. We will begin accepting applications for the 2020/2021 Peer Model students on January 31, 2020. The tuition for the year TBA. Midview residents will have exclusive access for enrollment until Friday, February 28. Open enrollment registration will begin on March 3rd, 2020. Spaces are limited and will be assigned to qualified Peer Models first come first serve.
What are the guidelines for Peer Model?
Not all preschoolers have the temperament and characteristics to become a Peer Model. In order to be selected as a Peer Model, your child must demonstrate the following:
- Be toilet trained (no pull-ups)
- Demonstrate age-appropriate play skills (share and take turns)
- Be able to follow adult directions in a timely manner
- Manage his/her frustration and accept disappointment appropriately
- Demonstrate age-appropriate language and communication skills
- Demonstrate age-appropriate self-help skills and can follow general routines
- Separates easily from parent and adjusts to new situations
- Children must be four years old by August 1st
- Children must reside in the Midview School District (two proofs of residency are required)
- Parents must provide their own transportation to and from the program, with the exception of certain daycare centers where transportation is currently being provided. Any arrangements must be made with the district and may discontinue if routes change.
If you interested in our preschool please click on the application link to the right, fill out the form, and return to Midview West Elementary School. The application will then be reviewed and you will receive a phone call with additional information.