Midview is pleased to introduce the Midview "Make a Difference" Hall of Honor program to the district honoring distinguished Midview Alumni and Staff/Volunteers. Click here to download program brochure. Hall of Honor Dinner is set for May 24, 2012@ 5:30 p.m. with Achievement Night at 7:00 p.m. If you are interested in attending the dinner the cost is $10.00 per person and tickets must be purchased no later than May 18th. Please notify Ann Marie Eakins at Midview High School 748-2124 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. The inductees for the 2011-12 year are as follows: Debra Romantic Boros, Class of 1978, Robert E. Lynch, Class of 1951, Albert Stacey, Class of 1966 and Kathryn Everson Wall, Class of 1963. Stay tuned to view the Hall of Honor Program 2012!
Hall of Honor Program 2011
Our Mission…To develop relationships that benefit student achievement.
The mission of Midview High School’s Hall of Honor Award is to develop positive relationships between alumni, students and friends by recognizing Midview’s distinguished alumni and retired staff and volunteers for their contributions as excellent role models to our students and community.
Our Goal…To connect students to positive role models.
The goal of this program is to expose Midview’s students to the achievements of district alumni and to connect them with role models who have been a part of the Midview heritage. It is the hope of the Alumni Committee that this program will positively influence the future goals of Midview’s students by making them more aware of what they can achieve and what career opportunities are available to them. In addition, we anticipate that this program will contribute to the esteem and honor of the Midview School System and community.
CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS
(maximum of 5 recipients per year)
- The candidate’s class must have graduated at least 10 years prior to selection.
- The candidate may be a graduate of Midview High School OR the 3 high schools that merged to become Midview High School—Grafton High School, Belden High School, Eaton High School.
- The candidate may be active in a variety of fields, including but not limited to: medical, science and health; art and literature; entertainment; business and finance; government and politics; education; humanities.
- The candidate has demonstrated leadership in his/her field in terms of career or philanthropic endeavors.
- The candidate has significantly impacted his/her area of expertise.
- The candidate is recognized by the community as a person of good moral character with high standards.
(1 recipient per year)
- The candidate is retired from or currently not employed in the Midview Local School District.
- The candidate has demonstrated leadership in his/her field or area of service.
- The candidate is well-respected by the students, peers, and community.
- The candidate has had a significant positive impact on students, the school district, and the community.
THE NOMINATION PROCESS
Nomination forms are available in every school building, at the administration offices, and online at www.MidviewK12.org. All nominations are due January 15th of each year. If your nominee is not selected, you may re-nominate that individual the following year. Please submit your nomination to the principal of Midview High School at 38199 Capel Road, Grafton, OH 44044. Click Here for a Nomination Form.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
This committee will be comprised of students, and will be moderated by two non-voting MHS faculty/staff members. Students must apply for a position on the committee. Applications will be due on a specific date determined in the fall of each year. Applications will be reviewed by the steering committee which is comprised of Midview district alumni, board members, administrators and faculty. Four seniors, two juniors, two sophomores, and two freshmen will be chosen to serve on the student committee. Students: Click here for an application form for the Selection Committee.
THE INDUCTION PROCESS
Inductees are honored each spring during Midview Achievement Night and a Midview High School student assembly and luncheon in May.