2019-2020 Open Enrollment

The Midview Local School District's Open Enrollment period will begin March 4th.  Below please find the link to the form 2019-2020 Open Enrollment Application as well as the most frequently asked questions with answers.  Please feel free to call at anytime should you have further questions.  You may call 440-748-5353 anytime between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Q.  When does Midview begin to accept open enrollment applications?
A.  The open enrollment application period begins March 4th and goes through June 5th.
Q.  Where do I get an open enrollment application for my child?
A.  You can obtain an open enrollment form from the Administration Office located at 13050 Durkee Road (connected to the East building) or you may print the form by clicking on this link (available March 1) and returning it to the Administration Offices.
Q.  Once I submit a completed application, which must include the parent’s or guardian’s signature, does that mean my  child will be accepted?        
A.  No.  Acceptance is granted only when it has been determined that Midview has available space for students living outside of the Midview District.      
Q.  When will I know whether or not my child has been accepted to attend Midview Schools?      
A.  You will be notified by a letter in June.  Applications received for Open Enrollment after June 11th, will be reviewed and a letter will be sent to you regarding decision.  
Q.  Once admitted to Midview, is my child guaranteed Open Enrollment to Midview until he graduates?    
A.  No.  We review our own student population first.  If it is determined that we have room, we will  then admit the students previously enrolled through open enrollment.  We do try to allow students to continue once they are accepted under open enrollment.     
Q.  Do I have to pay tuition to attend Midview?  
A.   There is no tuition for open enrollment students.  The funds that would have normally paid for education at your home school are funneled to Midview.  However, student fees must be paid in a timely manner or you will not have access to your child’s grades.    
Q. If I move out of the district during the school year can my child continue at Midview?  
A.  Your child must attend the school in the district in which you reside.  However you may fill out an application for open enrollment if you move.  The Superintendent, on the recommendation of the school principal, will decide whether or not your child may continue under open enrollment depending on the circumstances and if room is available.  If you are aware that you will be moving to another school district prior to the start of the new school year, you should fill out an application for open enrollment.      
Q.  Does Midview provide transportation?    
A.  Transportation can be provided for elementary students from a bus stop within our district.  High School students must have their own transportation to school.  We do not provide transportation from your home.  If an elementary student has a baby sitter, relative, or friend in the district where they want to be picked up and dropped off, we will try to accommodate that request.  The student could also be picked up at a bus stop along our borders.  However, it will depend on whether that bus is filled to capacity with native students.      You do need to fill out a “Transportation Request Form” to request the pick-up and drop off, upon the approval of Open Enrollment.    
Q.  How are students accepted?  Does my child have to take a test?  Is an interview required?    
A.  Acceptance is generally based on a first come, first served basis.  We do encourage you to attach information to your application that might help us make a positive decision regarding your student’s qualification for the “Midview Open Enrollment Program”.  If a child has a disciplinary or attendance record at the school they now attend that could be a problem.  If your child’s application is not approved, you may request the opportunity to meet with the Superintendent to discuss special circumstances.  
Q.  We didn’t decide that we wanted to attend Midview under open enrollment until after the start of the school year.  What if we didn’t move to the area until mid-year?  Can my child start attending as an open enrollment student after the school year is started?
A.  Midview only accepts students for the whole school year.  New students are not accepted any time after the school year starts.      
Q.  I want my kindergarten student to attend Midview under Open Enrollment.  Do I have to register my child for kindergarten if I have already applied for Open Enrollment?
A.  Check with your home school as they may require you to register with them.  The home school must be aware a child from its district is of school age and attending school. Kindergarten students accepted under Open Enrollment will be registered at Midview after they have been accepted under the Open Enrollment plan.      
Q.  How will I know if my High School Student can be scheduled in the classes he/she wants or needs to take?  
A.  Arrangements will be made for High School Students to schedule their classes with the High School Guidance office.  If the student cannot be scheduled for the classes they need or want, they may want to return to their home school.
Print This Article
View text-based website