Midview Local School's Athletic Director Dan May and Cleveland Clinic Certified Athletic Trainer Cody Florian have announced the expectation for Midview High School student-athletes when it comes to Concussion Baseline testing for the 2021-22 season.
Any student-athlete who did not complete an Impact Test within the last two years or did not participate in the C3 testing on May 24, 2021, must submit an ImPACT test prior to playing a sport. These will be tracked through Final Forms and updated prior to August 1.
Instructions for Taking the ImPACT Test
(Use a computer with a hand held mouse/Track Pad and Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer)
ImPACT cannot be administrated using an IPad/Phone of any kind!!
1. Open one of the above listed internet browsers
• Make sure you turn off pop-up blocker under Tools
3. Enter Code: I9C6VFMIRL
• Your Specific High School Should Appear after clicking Validate
• Click “Launch Baseline Test”
• Click “English” then follow prompts and answer questions.
• Follow the rest of the prompts, answering all questions HONESTLY and trying your best at the test.
• When the test is complete and you get to the page that says “Print Confirmation,” click the X in the upper right corner to close the test. You do not need to print confirmation.
• If you are connecting to the internet via Wi-Fi it must be a consistent connection. Any interruption in connection will cause a fail.
• Work quickly, but accurately. Do your best. Do not take breaks or step away from the test. The test is not able to be paused or saved at any point.
• Turn OFF all Cell Phones prior to test. No phones in sight or on vibrate!
• Make sure no other applications are open on the computer other than ImPACT.
• When it asks for number of years of education completed, freshmen will answer 8, sophomores 9, juniors 10, and seniors 11.
• Current level of participation will be “high school”
• Years of experience at this level will be 0 for freshmen, 1 for sophomore if they played as a freshman, 2 for a junior who played their freshman and sophomore years, etc.
• When it asks for current symptoms, 1 will be least severe and 6 is greatest. If you feel normal you should put “not experiencing.”
ImPACT is a 20-30 minute computer test developed to help sports-medicine clinicians evaluate multiple aspects of neurocognitive functioning following concussion. You are taking a baseline test. In the event you suffer a head injury, we may use this as a tool in deciding when it is safe for you to return to your sport.
For more information please contact:
Cody Florian, MS, ATC, CSCS, CES
Certified Athletic Trainer
Midview High School
Cleveland Clinic[email protected]